Main Navigation

Global U Offices

Related Sites

Home International Travel Safety

International Travel Safety

International Travel Safety



Faculty & Staff


Travel Insurance

The University of Utah Permanent Travel Safety and Insurance Rule (2018) requires all University travelers to enroll in University of Utah Group International Health Insurance Coverage.

University of Utah international insurance coverage is provided by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) and contains (4) principal elements:

1. CISI Health Insurance for travelers (Accident and Sickness)
2. Team Assist (AXA) 24/7 Traveler Assistance (Medical, Travel and Technical)
3. Emergency Medical and Security Evacuation
4. International Travel Health and Safety Intelligence

Travel Insurance Registry

Student Login Faculty Login

Travel Registration

Registering your University travel allows the U to better support your trip. Learn more about what is required of students, faculty and staff below.


Student travel registration is required for a broad range of student travel, including students travelling internationally for the purposes of:

  • Participating in University of Utah sponsored or affiliated international student programs**
  • Conducting independent research abroad related to their academic degree plan
  • Attending and/or presenting at international conferences
  • Traveling abroad as a member of an ASUU student group or organization
  • Participating in internships or service learning opportunities organized or sponsored by a University of Utah representative

**All students participating in recognized Learning Abroad and Eccles Global programs are automatically registered with the University. All student participants in these programs will receive confirmation of travel registration and insurance enrollment in the weeks before their program begins, and no action is necessary on their part to complete University travel registration. Questions or issues regarding this should be directed to Learning Abroad or Eccles Global.

NOTE: All University of Utah students are strongly encouraged to maintain their U.S. (domestic) health insurance coverage while abroad, in the event that medical treatment for injuries or illness inside the United States is necessary (or desired) during the course of their time abroad.

Faculty & Staff

All University of Utah employees participating in University-affiliated international activities are required to pre-register their travel with the University.  Travel registration provides employees access to international medical insurance coverage, travel assistance, and emergency evacuation services available for U travelers abroad.

Employees/Travel Planners will complete insurance enrollment at the time they work with the Travel Services Department to pre-register their international travel.

Have Questions or Need Help?

Contact a Global Risk Manager