We extend the heartfelt sympathies of the entire University of Utah community to all those who are suffering in the wake of Monday’s powerful earthquakes in Turkiye and Syria. The impact of these quakes is still being tallied, but casualties are now in the thousands and expected to rise.
We have contacted U students in the region and determined they are safe and unaffected. Still, as a global university with personal and professional connections to the region through our students, faculty, alumni, and staff, we recognize that many in our community are feeling anguish in the face of this disaster.
Please tune in to those around you and be generous in your support of anyone who is suffering. Should you find yourself in need, the offices and organizations below are uniquely poised to care for our community in difficult times like these.
As a Global U community, may we resolve to care for one another and contribute to our collective recovery and rebuilding in the days to come.
Chief Global Officer
Counseling and support services
- Center for Student Wellness | wellness.utah.edu | 801-581-7776
- University Counseling Center | counselingcenter.utah.edu | 801-581-6826 | Students only
- Employee Assistance Program | hr.utah.edu/benefits/eap | 801-587-9319 or 1-800-926-9619 | Employees only
- Huntsman Mental Health Institute | healthcare.utah.edu/hmhi | 801-587-3000 | Available 24/7
- Utah Crisis Line | 1-800-273-8255 | Available 24/7
- Mental Health First Responders (MH1) | mh1.utah.edu | 385-324-5356 | Campus residents only | Available 4 p.m.-2 a.m.
- SafeUT app | safeut.org | 833-372-3388 | Chat via the app 24/7
- Basic Needs Collective | basicneeds.utah.edu | Virtual chat available 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Contact outside of chat hours here
- Women’s Resource Center | womenscenter.utah.edu | email@example.com | 801-581-8030